Ambit Cares: Year in Review
Posted by: Anna | 12/06/2017 at 08:30 AM
The second full year of Ambit Cares was filled with accomplishments and triumphs as we continued the fight against hunger in America. As we look back on 2017, we’re reminded of all we’ve done as an Ambit family, and want to give a huge thank you to our Customers, Consultants and employees who have helped us again this year.
We’ve donated our time, money and efforts to changing the communities where we live, work and serve. Hunger affects every neighborhood, and at Ambit Cares, we’re fighting to end that harsh reality.
Here are some of our biggest highlights from 2017:
- We were granted 501c(3) status which means we’re recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit. We’re also able to accept tax deductible donations.
- Our employees enjoyed some hot competition in the 4th Annual Chili Cook-off, with proceeds going to Ambit Cares.
- This year our Consultants and employees joined together on one day in each quarter to volunteer and make an impact in their communities around the country. These service days harnessed the energy of our Ambit family to make a difference.
- For the second year, we hosted a Reverse Food Truck Food Drive capitalizing on the popularity of food trucks, while providing a quick and convenient way to donate food.
- We spread the word about Ambit Cares with a booth at AMBITION. Employee volunteers answered questions and accepted donations on behalf of Ambit Cares.
- The second annual Strike Out Hunger bowling event at AMBITION was bigger and better with a sold-out crowd who took a stand against hunger while having fun.
- We had a can-tastic good time while celebrating the season of giving with our first Can Sculpture Contest. Employees brought in the most needed items for the season and used their artistic skills to build can sculptures, and then donated the items to the North Texas Food Bank.
After all of our success in 2017, we are certain that our next year of Ambit Cares will be a great one. Thank you for helping us continue to fight against hunger in America!
Back to the Spark →